La Brigade d’Intervention Culturelle is pleased to announce the 5th edition of the Crossroads Festival, from the 9th to the 11th of september 2020 in Roubaix, France.
After welcoming Awir Leon, Azur, La Jungle, Kimberose, Sônge, You Man, Yalta Club, Bakel, Bekar, Structures, Juicy, Weekend Affair, Yolande Bashing and Bison Bisou, the European festival of musical discoveries in Hauts-de-France calls on the developers of artists, festivals and current music scenes to provide visibility to artists for its next edition in front of more than 400 professionals.
Read below to see the prerequisites for participation and propose your talents for the next edition of the Crossroads Festival.
The Crossroads showcases festival
- 5th edition in 2020
- 30 minutes per band
- A professional audience (programm planners, music labels, publishers, medias…) from France and abroad, and a wide audience
- Heart of the festival in Roubaix: Salle Watremez, La Cave aux Poètes, Pierre de Roubaix Theater, L’ARA and le Bar Live.
- Professional meetings: conferences, workshops, keynotes, speed-meetings and slow-datings…
- A media platform: nationwide broadcasting in France through the associative radio stations Campus and Ferarock
- A national communication strategy in France (print, web, public relations…).
The Crossroads Festival in 2019
- 29 bands including 7 foreign bands
- 400 french and foreign accredited professionals
- 60 journalists, photographers et communication students accredited
- A team of 60 people in the organization
- 9 conferences, workshops and speedmeeting
- 10 French, European and Canadian regions represented
- 1200 festival-goers over 3 days
- Be accompanied and put forward to the festival by a professional structure
- Provide proof of willingness to become a professional : provide professional-quality recordings, present some news for the year 2020 (record or video clip release, signature…), and have a recognized performing experience
- Be available from the 9th to the 11th of september 2020
- Application online from the 16 of december 2019 to the 10th of february 2020
- A programming committee made up of 8 professionals divided into 4 bodies (media, programme planners, artists developers, training center) and the BIC (Brigade d’Intervention Culturelle) programme planner will select 15 bands from the Hauts-de-France region and 15 extraregional bands
- From the 16th of december 2019 to the 10th of february 2020: call for proposals for the 2020 programming
- From the 10th to the 21th of february 2020: online selection by the programming commitee
- March 2, 2020: final programming for the 5th edition of the festival, social information collecting (musicians, technicians)
- March 2020: formalisation of the partnerships conventions with the supporting structrures
- April 2020 : communication launch (during Le Printemps de Bourges Festival)
- Spring 2020 : technical, administrative and logistic framework of the programming
Applications for Crossroads Festival # 5 are now closed.